Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't enter 9 digit auth code in LD 88 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 5, 2007
US
At my firm I have been outing and adding 8 digit auth codes everyday in LD88. I'm working on a Nortel Meridian opt81c running release 3. Today the firm needs to add codes using 9 digits. When I try to enter the code, I get auth code error AUTH005. Is there a way to change the amount of allowed digits for auth codes? Here is a print out of what I am trying to do...

REQ NEW
TYPE AUT
CUST 0
SPWD
CODE 172091914
AUTH005
CODE ****
OVL000
>ERR AUTH005
>

AUTH0005
Number of AUTHCODE digits entered does not match ALEN.

Severity: Info

You will need to change the ALEN to 9 in the AUB

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

I tried to make a change in the AUB but don't get prompted to change the ALEN. Am I skipping a step here?

>LD 88
AUTH000

MEM AVAIL: (U/P): 24464758 USED U P: 3684912 407638 TOT: 28557308
DISK SPACE NEEDED: 748 KBYTES
2MB BACKUP DISKETTE(S) NEEDED: 1 (PROJECTED LD43 - BKO)
REQ CHG
TYPE AUB
CUST 0
SPWD
ACDR
AUTHCOD_ALRM
RANR
ACLE
BRST
RTRY
CLAS

MEM AVAIL: (U/P): 24464758 USED U P: 3684912 407638 TOT: 28557308
DISK SPACE NEEDED: 748 KBYTES
2MB BACKUP DISKETTE(S) NEEDED: 1 (PROJECTED LD43 - BKO)
REQ

I think it has to be REQ NEW doesn't it? You can't mix 8 and 9 digits codes - all codes must be the same length.

~~~
[small] [©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators [/small]

Meaning, I think you'd have to out all your current codes to change to 9 digits.

~~~
[small] [©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators [/small]

GH is correct you can not mix

Wow that sounds like a big job programming, but makes sense. There's a crap load of codes in this PBX so I'll have to bring this issue up to higher ups in the firm.

Thanks allot guys for the quick response...it's much appreciated!!

Not really, you just OUT your AUT then you can change the ALEN in the AUB and set AUTO to YES. POOF you have all the 9 digit authcodes you will ever need

I can try that but the current codes being used by clients must stay as an 8 digit auth code. I thought you said I can't have 8 and 9 digit codes at the same time?

If your 8 digits most stay then that's all you can program, you have to make a choice either 8 or 9 but not both.
And yes I said POOF, it's better than saying FM here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back