Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't edit a Crystal Report in .Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mongous

Technical User
Jun 18, 2002
US
I know nothing about Crystal Reports, per se, but am trying to design a custom report based on another pre-built one. I have copied the existing report, and can open it (the rpt file) using the Crystal Reports included in the VS .Net package.

My problem: I can't make any changes to the report. It won't let me. I can't bring up the formula editor, I can't add, delete, anything!

The very first time I opened it, it let me do all those things. I did notice that to save it I was forced to save in a newer format than that in which it was created, but that shouldn't make a difference when editing?

Can ANYbody shine some light on this for me? Thanks in advance.

In the report options (File -> Report Options) Under the General Settings section, is the report set to read only?

mrees

Hmmmm I don't know. But that is what i was looking/hoping for! I willl check tomorrow, I am out of office today.

Thanks and I will follow up!

I know it's been a long time, but just now getting back to this.

I don't have a 'Report Options' option, and when I look at the original file's properties, it doesn't show as read only.

Anyone have any ideas? Thx.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back