Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't download files

Status
Not open for further replies.

zrefugee

Technical User
Jan 19, 2004
US
A system I have been working on was loaded with spyware and browser hijack apps. After removing as much of the junk as I can with Adaware and Spybot, I can surf the internet with IE but not download update files with other programs. I have checked the security settings, but didn't find anything that should cause this problem.

Try doing a complete virus scan using updated virus definitions.

I would suggest installing a serious trojan scanner like TDS-3 or TrojanHunter (both come with 30 days evaluation time) and after setting it up do an extensive scan of your system.

Next, it wouldn't hurt to install the ever so useful browser hijacker detector and remover called HijackThis. Have it scan your system and see what's left behind by the proggies you mentioned!

Good luck!

TDS-3: TrojanHunter: HijackThis:
If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must Man be of learning from experience!
-George Bernard Shaw (1856–1950)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back