Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cant download and no images displayed - Urlmon.dll error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorguruga

Technical User
Mar 5, 2003
GB
I'm currently undergoing two major problems ..

1. No images are displayed - where there should be a an image there's only a box with a little red x. I tried Internet options/show picture and security settings - they're set correctly. Still no pictures. But, when I right click on the box and click "show picture" that picture is then displayed.

2. I can't download any files. Everytime I click to download a file I get the message "iexpore has caused an error in urlmon.dll" then then the browser closes. The download problem seems to be extended to outside of IE because I tried updating Spybot and it crashed (but without giving the urlmon error message).

Anyone know how to solve this? I'm baffled.

The problem has been solved. I downloaded a download manager through an ftp client, then downloaded IE SP2 from MS site, installed and it fixed the problem. Now pictures and downloads are working 100%. Thanks a lot to everyone who took the time out to reply.

I also have the same problem, how can I download a download manager if I can't download? I have getright 4.5d but I still cannot download. Any ideas??

I was lucky enough to have leapftp (an ftp client) already installed on my computer which allowed me to download getright. But you say you have getright already so what you need to do is right-click any link that you want to download, select copy shortcut, open Getright, select Enter Url (this is the first choice in the File menu) then paste your Url into the URL box and click ok or download.. it should then download ok.. let me know how it goes.

Thanks for the help, I downloaded IE6 support pack 1? as I have WIndows ME. It has stopped pages not responing, however I still get the URLMON.DLL error if I try to downlaod anything.

Try doing a register and repair by following Jontmke steps above^ (3rd post). The Run box mentioned is in the Start menu. Btw, are images displayed ok now? I realised the image problem was the same as the download thing - it just wasn't downloading the images properly. So, if images are ok then the register and repair should hopefully work but only one way to find out..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back