Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cant Dial Out on PRI

Status
Not open for further replies.

rricks

Programmer
Apr 7, 2008
US
This is really strange... I upgraded a 406v2 from 3.2(55) to 4.1(12) now we cant make any LD Calls over th PRI, Group 0. I can see the call recognize the shortcode in monitor then it grabs channel 23 then says "CMARS SET TO OUT OV SERVICE"... But everything is set to IN SERVICE. My ARS table is correct, my system short code is correct. the service provider says the line is good. i can get incoming calls. Our tech support provider has sent it up to Avaya, but I really cant wait untill Monday for an answer....

Could you send a copy of your .cfg file in Manager folder to

dzdoz at cox dot net?

And I will take a look at it as if I were on site.
Thanks

"The lack of money is the root of all evil" [machinegun] [flip]

Be Sure to check the User Short Codes as well. if they are still pointed to a line group that no longer exists or is releveant it creates the same issue. Also is it just LD calls but local and toll free are fine?

yep... put in new switch ...default config... same problem.. the switch type is NI2 ..Lately i have been needing to use 5ess switch type. could something have changed in the upgrae that now requires 5ESS

Switch type depends on the central office switch.

You may have a bad PRI card if program and connections look OK.

New Pri.. Carrier swears everything is good on their end

Loopback test to your provider?

Can you receive calls on PRI but can not call out?
Local lines can receive and make calls?

Incoming Calls are fine... Local calls are fine

By the way......

Ok Y'All After an eleven hour upgrade from 3.2(54) to 4.1(12) Back to 3.2(54)... I have learned that a PRI Configured to NI2 will need to be reconfigured to 5ESS. So Be Careful upgrading !!!! After switching back to 3.2 everything worked as before.

In Manager, under Line configuration, make sure you have Direction set to Bothway and Bearer to Any. NI2/5ESS depends on your provider and if you had NI2 working before, it should work after upgrade also...

Try to Rebuild your ARS see if you can get it to dial out.

ACA - IP Office Implement
ACA - IP Telephony
CCNA - Passed at last.

After trying everyone suggestions (thanks to all of you) finally got the carrier to switch to 5ESS and everything worked great. Avaya has also let me know that there is an issue with Global Crossings Sonus soft switch. So be careful upgrading if Gloal Crossing is the Carrier

PRI issues are 99% TELCO issues in my experience.

Best practice when getting a new PRI which includes switching your PRI from one to another carrier, or circuit. Make sure the PRI gets turned up prior to porting any existing numbers over to it, and that it has some DID's already active on it. If you are not getting any new DID's on the new PRI, then find out if you have any DID's on the old PRI which are not being used, and port only those as soon as the new PRI is installed. (Nothing wrong with having the new circuit with only the new, or spare DID's active for a week before porting the rest.)

I have had times when it took TELCOS 8 hours to accept my suggestion that only one of the 23 channels was turned up as to why we could only place, or recieve one call, and get busy on the next. Therefore, I always suggest getting a PRI up, and running prior to going live on it with the ported over main numbers. You can always push off the main number porting until the new PRI DID's are working properly.

aarenot
I used to work in the test centre of a telco and I had the opposite experience, 99% was the problem with the onsite switch or the configuration of it, but since I changed sites it is like you say mostly somebody screwing up and not doing their job at the telco, ;-) Maybe I should have stayed, LOL

Joe W.

FHandw., ACA, ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back