Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't dial new extension range across private T1

Status
Not open for further replies.

NitaDrink

IS-IT--Management
Nov 16, 2006
US
I've set up a new extension range in another facility, added the new range to the numbering plan, and built one of the extensions on a phone. Built one of the extensions here, after adding it to the numbering plan, I'm able to call the extension using menu choices, the number can dial out. However, when we try to dial each other across our private T (we're connected for extension dialing and they use our CallPilot), I just get a busy. Is there something I need to change on the configuration of the T?

post the configs of both ends (trunks)& the call routing at both ends regarding the number routing.

Remember if it doesn't work hit it harder

Scott UK

no, maybe not. you need to go to ld 86 and build a new rli, frl 0 and point it to that new t1.. then you need to go to 87 and add a cdp, dsc

new
cdp
dsc
dsc 1000
rli x

after you add the rlb in 86, use that rli as the rlb for that dsc.. you can send single digits, dsc 1 send all numbers starting with 1000, 10 would send all digits 10xx.

build the rlb, that picks the route and frl 0 allows ncos 0 and above to make the call..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

How do I print the RLI? I'm not very good at this type of programming, so I have no idea which ones are built so I can create a new one.

I'm thinking I won't need to build a new rli, the one I am using currently for my old extension range is :

RLI 10
ENTR 0
LTER NO
ROUT 28
TOD 0 ON 1 ON 2 ON 3 ON
4 ON 5 ON 6 ON 7 ON
VNS NO
CNV NO
EXP NO
FRL 0
DMI 0
FCI 0
SBOC NRR
IDBB DBD
IOHQ NO
OHQ NO
CBQ YES
ENTR 1
LTER NO
ROUT 5
TOD 0 ON 1 ON 2 ON 3 ON
4 ON 5 ON 6 ON 7 ON
VNS NO
CNV NO
EXP NO
FRL 0
DMI 2
FCI 0
SBOC NRR
IDBB DBD
IOHQ NO
OHQ NO
CBQ YES
ISET 2
NALT 5
MFRL 0

So then I'd go to ld 87 as John mentioned above and build cdc, dsc as 1000? (the new range.)

If you have a phone at the far end that you can dial and can dial back to you, then you should be able to print the the DN (LD 20) from the centralized switch and see it as CDP. Then go to LD 87;
REQ prt
CUST 0
FEAT cdp
TYPE dsc
DSC XXXX
(Return)
DSC XXXX
FLEN 0
DSP LSC
RLI 16
NPA
NXX