Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't dial local numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

csdept

IS-IT--Management
Jan 9, 2009
US
Starting this morning we are experiencing a problem with our phone system not being able to dial local numbers. In the Chicago area we are required to dial 1+AC even to call across the street. When we dial 9-1-630-xxx-xxxx we get a message saying "Remember, you must dial 1 and the area code to make a call." We can call outside the 630 area with no problem.

We called AT&T to open a service ticket but they are saying that the problem is on our site.

What am I missing in our setup that might cause this? To my knowledge no changes have been made to our system so something in AT&T's network recently changed to cause this problem.

Kent

Try this:

CHA ARS ANA 16 make it 11, 11, FNPA.
CHA ROUTE-PATTERN X , put a prefix mark of 1...

Replace 'x' with the route pattern number.

Thanks,
98C

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. ARISTOTLE 384-322 B.C.

Check your history to see if any changes have been made to your switch. If not hammer AT&T, they made a change to your service. I know that there was a large fiber cut in that area over the weekend, because it effected one of our offices.

98Converter, your suggestion didn't fix it.

I don't know if this is somehow related but starting yesterday afternoon it was brought to our attention that our toll-free numbers are going directly to a busy signal. Is there a way to see if those calls are hitting our switch?

Kent

You can dial one of the 800 numbers and run an trace on your trunk. That is if you know which trunk those 800 numbers are tied too.

"list trace tac XX"

You need to know what number the 800 is pointed to. If you can call the number directly but the 800 is getting busy, than your 800 providor isn't sending to the right number.

We're now back to normal. The problem was in one of our T1 lines and not our switch like AT&T tried to tell us. An AT&T tech did some rerouting voodoo to fix it.

Kent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back