Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't dial 800 #

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvelazquezactionnewsnow

Technical User
Jun 7, 2018
US
I have an extension on a neax 2000 IVS2 that gets a busy signal when dialing 800 numbers. There is no "Restricted" message on the LCD and user can dial long distance. It looks like only 800 numbers are effected. We dial 9 for LCR.

Can anybody else dial 800 #'s? If so, compare the restriction COS in CMD 1201. The first digit is day and the second night, EX 11 is usually unrestricted for day and night.

Is the phone in a different tenant CM1204? Maybe two numbering plans...

What reaction do you get? LCD? Tones? Drops after which digit dialed? Has the station been swapped? (dial pad issue?)

No reaction or message on the LCD. Tone sounds like a busy signal, maybe a little faster. I'm not sure. Tone starts after entire phone number is dialed. I swapped phones; no change.

Compare CMD's 1201, 1202, 1204, 1207. If they are all in the same classes then it should be able to dial 800 #'s. If you delete then reassign that extension then it will assign default parameters. However, you will lose button assignments and any other settings that are not default. Your other option is to assign a new extension, test it then do a station swap to retain the original extension number. It almost sounds like forced account codes were set to that extension. 1202 should eliminate that by matching it to a working extension.

CMD 1201,1202,1204,1207 all match. I will try an extension swap later today when the user is out of the office. How is an extension deleted btw?

If you have a copy of MatWorX, then perform a LENs list before deleting anything. There you will find the LENs number. Deletion is done in CMD 10, however the LENs number depends on what software level you have, which is why a LENs list is important. It also lets you know which LENs' are available on a multiline card.
Early software used 3 digit LENs numbers. Later used 5 digit.
EX: 10>023:F200>CCC>EXE will delete extension 200 from LENs 023
10>00023:F200>CCC>EXE will delete extension 200 from LENs 00 (PIM/FP00), 023 (LENS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back