Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't dial 800 numbers through trunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

moethegreat

IS-IT--Management
May 16, 2011
US
Okay, the title might not be right but here is what's happening.

We have a Dialer software that goes out through a dedicated trunk and from the dialer users can put a 10 digit Long Distance(or local) number and it gets through. (without adding a 9 or a 1. (which we have to do with other trunks) So it would seem that somewhere a 9 or at least a 1 is being added to the number before it is dialed.

The problem is if they dial a 10 digit 800 number, it doesn't work.

I know the trunk they use but I can't see where to make any changes or how to check.

Thanks
Newbie Moe.

In most cases, 800 numbers have to go out over local trunks, and not long distance trunks. It sounds like your dialer is connected directly to the PSTN because you are not required to dial an access code (9), and the trunks might be AT&T long distance trunks because you also are not required to dial a 1. Check with the service provider to make sure. If the trunk(s) are AT&T, you can request a feature called ADL (I think) which will allow your LD trunks to carry local calls, and therefore 800 numbers calls. Hope this helps.

Mike

Why does the light always have to be at the end of the tunnel?

Mike,
Thanks, I will look into that and let everyone know.

Moe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back