Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't delete Trojan Virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

rklalli

Technical User
Jan 22, 2004
GB
Hello,

A virus has been detected on my computer by Sophos called Troj Mosuck-C. It is attached to the following file:

netconfig{5}.xtr

According to Sophos, it states to go into Registry, HKEY Local Machine\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Run and delete the entry <random value> and reboot. I've followed this path and am not sure which value to delete. I did see that it had one entry in there which had netconfig{5}.xtr as its value. I've removed this and rebooted but Sophos still detects it and can't delete it.

In addition to this, Ive updated all of my IDEs for Sophos and it only picks up this virus. But when I do an online scan with Norton it picks up a different 7 viruses!!!!!!

Most of them being backdoor viruses ending with EE, AA.

Are there any online virus scans that will allow me to detect these viruses and delete them as Norton just displays them????

Cheers

Hi,
If you want an online scan try here:
Have you tied deleteing the viruses in safe mode?

Looking for the best answers:
faq222-2244
Keeping your system clear of malware:
faq608-4650
Dont forget to post back with the eventual resolution.

Will try this later and let u know the outcome, many thanks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back