Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can't delete the user

Status
Not open for further replies.

youthtelco

IS-IT--Management
Apr 28, 2022
US
I deleted and went to soft deleted the user, but it failed with this message. I did at the web interface not Element Cut through.
Somebody know? where I should go and delete?

Error on Delete
Failed to delete [javax.ejb.EJBTransactionRolledbackException: Transaction rolled back-2336@xxxxx.com] users. Please contact support team.

If I delete the user at the data-module, the massage is like that,,
Extension assigned as remote extension on the uniform-dialplan form

If I remove the station xxxx, the massage is like this,,
Extension exists but assigned to a different object

Thanks for replying.
Once I put the command,
Nothing appear. No data in the system to list

What version of System Manager and CM are you using? Version 6.x had some problems where the station was correctly removed from CM but not from the System Manager database.
Refresh your login (log out and back in) and see if the station still exists under Elements / Communication Manager / Endpoints / Manage Endpoints, then use the Element Cut-Through (or ASA) to confirm the station no longer exists on the CM Server.

If the station exists in System Manager but NOT in CM, try adding the station back in CM so the databases line up, then delete the user in System Manager.
If THAT still fails, add the station back to CM (if it was deleted again) and RESTORE the deleted user. Edit the user and uncheck the "delete endpoint" box under the CM Endpoint Profile. Save and try removing the user again. This will remove the User but not the Station. If that successfully removes the User, remove the Station under Manage Endpoints.

I hope that helps.

What version of System Manager and CM are you using?
Ver 8.1[highlight #EF2929][/highlight]

Version 6.x had some problems where the station was correctly removed from CM but not from the System Manager database.
Refresh your login (log out and back in) and see if the station still exists under Elements / Communication Manager / Endpoints / Manage Endpoints, then use the Element Cut-Through (or ASA) to confirm the station no longer exists on the CM Server.

I’m able to see 1000 Endpoint at ManageEndpoints
I don’t see any information about a station 1000 at Element Cut Through.
[highlight #EF2929][/highlight]
It seems like there is 1000 Endpoint, and no station at the system.

If the station exists in System Manager but NOT in CM, try adding the station back in CM so the databases line up, then delete the user in System Manager.

How do I add the station back in CM? I failed RESTORE command either at the User Management.

If THAT still fails, add the station back to CM (if it was deleted again) and RESTORE the deleted user. Edit the user and uncheck the "delete endpoint" box under the CM Endpoint Profile. Save and try removing the user again. This will remove the User but not the Station. If that successfully removes the User, remove the Station under Manage Endpoints.

I really appreciate it, I could get little the flow of the system anyway.

These database errors can be tough to clean up.

To add the station to CM, use the Element Cut-through and run the command "add station xxxx". You don't have to get everything exactly the way it was, just make sure the extension and set-type match. Click Enter to save.
In the Cut-Through, run "display station xxxx" to confirm it exists.

Now try to delete the user. This may result in the exact same problem. If that happens, use "add station xxxx" to add the station back to CM then try to Restore the deleted user.

OMG!!!!

YOU'RE RIGHT!!

I deleted it!!

Thanks you so much. It was good chance to understand this system with your help!!

You are very welcome!

System Manager has a copy of the databases in CM. Changes in System Manager first update the local database then push the changes to CM.
When you Delete a User, the same thing happens, the user is deleted from the local database then deleted from CM.
If System Manager encounters an error, it will roll back the deletion, putting the user back in the "soft delete" bucket. But if the error happened AFTER the push to CM, the User gets "undeleted" but the station remains gone, causing the database mismatch between the local database and CM.

Glad we got it fixed in time for the weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back