Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't delete record on main form, The table is already opened...error

Status
Not open for further replies.

5bhaya

Technical User
Jul 30, 2002
CA
I need help to solve this problem.

I have two tables, Main table (tblProdDataLog) and linked table (tblProdDetails) with one to many relationship.

I have a main form called frmProdLog and the subform on it called subfrmProdDetails. The both forms are linked on child-master field "DataLogNo". The subform gets its data from qryBottleDetails.

The Main form has production date in addition to other fields and the subform's fields are related to the production data for this field.

My main problem is that even if there is no data on the subform, one I enter any information on the main form, I can't delete it through the Delete button on the main form or from the delete button on the menu bar. It gives me an error "The table 'tblProdDetails' is already opened exclusively by another user, or it is open through the user interface and cannot be manipulated programmticaly."

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

PS: I have no problem deleting the data from the table tblProdDataLog.

5bhaya

Long shot...
Check your record locks...
From the menu, "Tools" -> "Options" -> "Advanced" tab

You may have "All records" selected.

I open a database as...
Default open mode: Shared
Default record locking: Edited record
Open databases using record-level locking enabled.

I have done what you suggested, still the record will not be deleted!!!. It gives the same message.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Finally fixed with the help at another forum. My subform's record lock was on "all records", once it was removed, it worked fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back