Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't delete parameter using either of two methods already given 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RickJ

Programmer
Apr 5, 2000
CA
I cannot make either of the two methods I've found by searching this forum work.

I'm using Crystal Reports 9 and I want to delete one of the two parameters the report uses. It shows up in the field explorer as being referenced, and therefore impossible to delete.

I tried method 1:

exporting the report using File/Export/Report Definition, then searching for the parameter name. The search found nothing.

I would love to use method 2:

change the datatype of the parameter to expose any errors.

The trouble is, the datatype (aka Value Type) field is greyed out, i.e. disabled.

Can anyone offer any other suggestions? I'm hoping I don't need to rewrite the report - I have several other reports with the same problem.

Thanks for any help

It sounds like you're using a Stored Procedure (SP), and the only way to eliminate the Parameter is to alter the SP.

Crystal exposes any Parameters that are in Stored Procedures.

-k

Hey, that worked! Thanks.

I had thought of that but I guess I gave up on it too soon. When I altered the stored proc I was no longer able to verify the database.

So what I did this time, instead of verifying the database, was to RE set the datasource location

I chose "Database/Set Datasource Location" from the menu, then I replaced the current datasource with the very same datasource and clicked on "Update."

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back