Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't delete DTI line

Status
Not open for further replies.

brtim

Technical User
Jan 21, 2004
US
We have a Meridian Option 11C system with Software release v.25.40, which has worked fine since it was installed in 2004. We have a TMDI 1.5 DTI/PRI card in Slot 3, for a 24-channel T1 line.
We are going to replace the T1 line with a PRI line soon and I thought I would start the programming before we actually changed things out. We have an empty Slot 1 and an extra TMDI card, so I began the programming for the PRI line in Slot 1. Using info from Nortel (Document 553-3011-310) and threads from this site, I did everything the instructions said to do in LD 96 and in LD 17. I want to have ESF framing but somehow I ended up with D3 framing for the line. I couldn't figure out how to change this so I thought I would just delete the loop, but now I can't do that either. When I do an DLOP X1 in LD 17 I get the error message SCH5589: "Cannot out application from MSCL/TMDI card, as this is the last application." The action suggested is disabling the card, but I have already disabled the card and still can't out the line. I was able to change it from a PRI line back to a DTI line, but still can't out it. I am wondering if somehow the database has gotten corrupted and that's why I can't do this. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks very much.
Timothy Pehta

Hello Tim

I'm not that familiar with programming on a TMDI 1.5 DTI/PRI card, but usually there are common configuration areas and when you get errors such as yours, you might want to try out the following.

LD 60

STAT 1 (If the circuit is showing in slot 1 then do DISL 1)
SSCK 0 (Check is clocking is enabled and do DIS CC 0 to disable it)

LD 96

STAT DCH
STAT MSDL

If you find any references to your particular D Channel or MSDL card. then do e.g. DIS DCH xx and DIS MSDL xx etc.

Also check in LD 73 is you had assigned the clocking to be used from your card.
In the UK, we tend to use PRI2 and the clocking is something like this below. Your setting might be just PRI

>LD 73
REQ PRT
TYPE PRI2
FEAT SYTI

CLKN 1

PREF CK0 1 (Assigned to slot 1)
SREF CK0 FREE RUN

CCGD 15
CCAR 15
EFCS YES

If it is there, then do something like

LD 60
DIS CC 0
SSCK 0

>LD 73
REQ CHG
TYPE PRI2
FEAT SYTI
CLKN
PREF CK0 X

Press return until you get to REQ.
Also check that the D channel has been removed in LD 17, before you try out remove the card slot in CEQU.

The problem will usually be found somewhere in the above areas.

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK
Advance knowledge on BCM support

In LD 96 when I try to DIS TMDI 1 or STAT TMDI 1 I get the same error code:
BUG5397: "The code for executing the MSDL commands in overlays 37, 42, 48, and 96 received a faliure return code from SET_MSDLMISP_PTR. Action: Check for MSDL database corruption."
Do you have any idea how to check and correct MSDL database corruption?
Thanks.
Timothy

Do a DIS TMDI 1 ALL Then go back into ld 17 and do the x1

Unfortunately doing DIS TMDI 1 ALL gives the same BUG message about a corrupted database.
Any thoughts about a programming fix for fixing the database?

When you built the PRI did you say yes at the TMDI prompt?

I'm sorry, I don't remember.

Go into LD 22 and print out your cequ and post it back here.

Here is a copy of our CEQU:
CEQU
MPED 8D
SUPL 000 004 008 012
016 032 036 040
044 048 064 068
072 P096
XCT 000
CONF 029 030 031 062
094 095

DLOP NUM DCH FRM LCMT YALM T1TE TRSH
TRK 01 24 D3 B8S DG2 0 15
03 24 D4 AMI DG2 0 00
DTI2
MISP

You did not program Loop 1 as a TMDI Card, that's why it doesn't respond to the commands

It should look something like this if programmed as a TMDI Card

DLOP NUM DCH FRM TMDI LCMT YALM T1TE TRSH MG_CARD
PRI 020 23 ESF YES B8S FDL 0 00 000 0 01
021 23 ESF YES B8S FDL 0 00 000 0 02
023 24 ESF YES B8S FDL 0 00 024 0 07

Here's what you need to do

REQ chg
TYPE cequ
XCT
MGTDS
MGCONF
IPCONF
IPTONE
DLOP 1 24 esf
MG_CARD 0 0 3 You probably will not see this prompt on 25.40
MODE pri
TMDI yes
LCMT b8s
YALM
T1TE
TRSH 0

The other thing to consider is you may not have the proper packages to do a PRI. You will also need to change ISDN to YES in the CDB if not already done. So if you didn't say YES at the TMDI prompt then the system doesn't think it is a TMDI Card. Consequently it will not respond to those commands.

Thank you SO much. That worked like a charm.

We still have a problem. I thought everything was all set and so I installed the TMDI 1.5 DTI/PRI card in Slot 1. But the system will not allow me to enable either the DCH channel or the TMDI loop on it in LD 96. Instead we get the same error message about possible corruption in the database as before. We are using NTRB21 TMDI-DTI/PRI cards in both Slot 1 and 3, and I read that there can only be one clock controller daughter card in a cabinet, so I removed the daughter card from the card in Slot 1 (for the PRI) since I still need the T1 in Slot 3 to work for the time being. But still no luck. It does seem that there is a problem with the TMDI programming for that loop, but I have repeated your last instructions several times to no avail. We still get that same error message when I try to enable it. Any other ideas of something to try?

Thanks, but unfortunately I still get the same BUG5397 error code about database corruption with that command in LD48.

Please post a print out of the CEQY from LD 22. Also in LD 22 print out the SLT's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back