Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't Delete Corrupt Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

swaggel1

Technical User
Jun 19, 2001
US
Last week one of our databases became corrupt. After all of the standard attempts to compact/repair/import the database information, it was determined that the database was corrupted beyond repair, and we opted to use a backup of the database that (luckily!) had just been made a few hours prior.

The new database is working fine. However, I need to delete the old, corrupted database. When I try to delete the database, I get an error message stating "Cannot delete database. Access is denied. Make sure that the disk is not full or write protected and that the file is not currently in use." The associated .ldb file has been deleted, and we have software on our LAN that lets me ensure that no one is in the database (it resides on a shared directory on a server). The same error message occurs when I try to delete the associated .bak file and the shortcut to the database that was created by the Security Wizard.

I don't know what else to do to get rid of the corrupt database. Does anyone have any ideas?

What operating system is the server running?

Eric

I don't know what operating system the server is running. I will have to ask our Technical Support folks that question. Would it just be better to ask them to remove these files from the server, or is it something I will have to do, as the Administrator of the database?

Swaggel1,

I could be that you do not have the property security permissions to delete the file. That is why you are getting the access is denied error. Talk to your IT folks about deleting the file. They should have full admin rights to delete it.

Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back