Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can't delete AOFO folder 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

shellac

IS-IT--Management
May 23, 2003
US
I have 2 files on my server in C:\Backup Exec AOFO Store. I have to delete due to disk space and it tells me I can't. I've tried stopping the remote agent service and the VSP service and it still won't let me delete it.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Rebooting the server will clear these files.

I have the same problem on the majority of our servers. The OFO cache file is not deleted at the end of the backup and it becomes locked. This means the following backup OFO fails because the previous OFO cache file is still there. The only way to remove is to reboot which is not a viable solution. Veritas have no idea (how odd).

Anyone else having similar problems? I've followed all the suggested Veritas fixes but no joy. I've been trying to find something that will unlock the file without rebooting the server but so far with little luck.

Yup tried all these solutions with no luck. Veritas are out of ideas and I have had a case open for months with them. If I find anything new I'll post it as I have another Veritas technician calling me from the States tomorrow to try and fix this.

Here's a way to delete those files without rebooting..

Make sure that no backing is running,,

use procexp.exe from sysinternals.. search handles for vsp files.. the locked files will show up.. click on one and it will focus in the procexp.exe window.. then right click and click close handle.

cheers mplsupport - I had the same problem, 20s with procexp.exe and all is well :)

Thanks for this. I had tried this util from sysinternals before but found that it left the BE agent in an unstable state which could still only be solved with a reboot. Restarting the BE service didn't help. I did go through and close any handle that referenced vsp files or the OFO cache folder. Perhaps I was too over enthusiastic! I'll try again just deleting vsp handles.

O YES, just what i was looking for, i have this problem but thx to you mplsupport!!!! i dont have to reboot the server THX man.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back