Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't delete a recurring ToDo item, Help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBones

Technical User
Mar 13, 2004
US
Hello, Newbie here.
I had tried to search for help with a recurring TO DO post but was not successful at finding a answer. I apoligize ahead if it is easy to find.
I have a recurring TO DO item that I have tried to delete but am unsuccesfull at deleteing it. I can delete them one at a time but they are listted every 15th of every month.I would like to figure out how to delete them all without having to maually do every month and delete them. I am using sidekick99. It does not bother me to delete all items in the todo file, but i do not know how to do that.
Thank you very much for any help or comments with this. :)
Mr.Bones

Dear Mr. Bones,
Recurring events are not editable globally once added they can only be edited individually.
However if you are not worried about ANY of the events in your calendar you can just
1. Open a new one (and save it under a different name to retain your old one as a backup) or
2. If you do not need ANY of your old events at all ever again
CLOSE Sidekick down first and then just delete the following 2 files from whatever the folder it is that you are keeping your calendar in.

1. *****RECR.SKW
2. *****EVEN.SKW

Where ***** are the initials/name that you saved the Calendar under.
the
1st Holds the recurring events and the
2nd holds all the events(but not the phone calls or todos)

Regards Jim
Check the FAQ area of this Forum for answers (If there are any FAQs!) , it could save you a lot of time and effort and means that links are more likely to be current. Please 'Comment' on them if they are not!

Dear Mr Bones,
Sorry I didn't explain that when Sidekick starts up again it will re-create those files and you will have NO EVENTS in your calendar apart from the special days that are the default ones that Sidekick puts in your calendar anyway.

Regards Jim
Check the FAQ area of this Forum for answers (If there are any FAQs!) , it could save you a lot of time and effort and means that links are more likely to be current. Please 'Comment' on them if they are not!

James33 thank you very much for your response :) I appreciate your help.

To delete a recurring event-
In CALENDAR VIEW, click CALENDAR in menu bar
then Events then Recurring.
In the RECURRING EVENTS window, click down-arrow ALL RECURRING EVENTS LIST,
select the recurring event to be deleted,
the DELETE button will be activated, hit it,
and its done.

I have finally been able to contribute something, rather than asking questions.
I am a recurring event fanatic.

Happy Easter to all
Elsa, MxCity

Hi Bones and SKtekies
Put Recurring Events-Calls-ToDos on the calendaqr icon bar. Just lick Tools / SetUp /Toolbar. This allows you to Edit Add and Delete directly from the buttons.

Elsa
MxCity

Hallo All,
My apologies for the misleading post I don't use the Calendar that much and I hardly use recurring appointments at all.
I have just checked recurring Todos and Appointments on Sidekick99 Sidekick98 Internet Sidekick and it is as Elsa says perfectly easy to edit them in bulk!

Phew I am glad I got that off my chest.
;-)
I believe I read the reference to the situation regarding recurring todo's and appointments on the Starfish website back in 1996/7/8 so I may be referring to SK95... I will check that tomorrow...
Once again, thank you Elsa for the information.
Regards
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back