Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't Delete a Message

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark5830

Technical User
Dec 13, 2005
US
I have 1 subscriber that has a new message that can't be deleted or saved. When I hit the 7 or 9 the system doesn't recognize the command only for this 1 message if I leave another message I can save or delete no problem. MM 2.0

What errors are you getting in the Mss ? or mas

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Look in MSS Subscriber activity and find out what type of VM msg is in the Vmbx. Also may run OHV to see additional info, but the data in OHV usually doesn't stay for very long. Can this VM be forwarded either to a different mbx or to the same Vmbx? If so, can it be deleted from either Vmbx? Worse case may consider just deleting the Vmbx, WAITING 10 minutes for the FEDB to sync, then re-add the Vmbx. If you don't wait 10 minutes, the FEDB will have extraneous entries that will eventually require a rebuild of the FEDB.

When logging into the VMbox what type of message does it say you have...1 new VM or other. If it is a VM message are you sure you have reached the end of the message to be able to process it or try pressing 33 to fast forward to the end. Then try 7 to delete or 9 to save.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back