Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't Decide to Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

tableist

Programmer
Apr 9, 2002
US
I have a serious problem that may prevent me from purchasing this otherwise good program. I am using the trial period and have discovered that I am unable to create boolean objects. I assumed this was a limition of the trial version, but the web site specifically states that the trial version includes ALL functions of the full version. I can only assume this has something to do with WinXP because I uninstalled, redownloaded, and reinstalled, and am faced with the same limitation. if there is a patch or something for WinXP I would hope one could test it before buying as well, being that you can trial run the software as a whole. I am wary enough already of buying software not specifically designed for XP, but if this is a known limitation, well...
Can anyone give me some insight or shed some light on this subject?
Thanks!

I would have to say that it has something to do with being a trial. I currently have this product installed on my XP box and have not run into this problem.

Roj

I have written to corel but did not receive a response. I assumed they don't support trial software.

There may be something about your system that interferes with the demo version; you'd need to ask someone who knows more about Windows for advice. I use a PowerMac and have no problems running Bryce5 with Mac OS8.6 - and yandso's reply above suggests that there shouldn't be any problem running it on XP.

It's certainly a program worth having; my sole complaint is that it is slow to render scenes; but I still recommend it.

The only competitor in the same range is Vue d'esprit, the latest version of which will run on XP (and Mac OS X). (I shan't be getting it, but that's because I can't run OS X on my computer...). You might like to look at that as well.

Thanks everyone!
I don't know what it could be on my comp that interferes. I have a healthy system, run a p4 1.7 with 768mb ram. 2 hard drives totalling 100gb. No problems in other software and I never crash. Maybe it is something during the install. I will look into it.

Thanks again!

Buy Bryce 5! Put on the latest patch. Booleans are a little tricky at first, but definitely do-able.

Then add the free network rendering client, Bryce Lightning. Put it on as many cheap computers as you can get access to.

The *main* difference between Bryce 4 and 5 is the added network rendering, which puts this product miles above anything else in its price range.

hi , is there any one to tell me how can I get the bryce 5. trial version before I buy it

Where did you find the trial? Ive been looking for a month

There's no trial for Bryce 5. Get a full version from kazaa and... well just take a look at the other topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back