Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't Create W2K Boot Disks 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

snorkel

MIS
Mar 26, 2002
US
Okay - Fresh install Arcserve 2000 with DRO on W2K professional. All patches installed. Remote backup using client agent of W2K Pro successful. Want to create floppies for DRO of remote machine. I created the four floppies by running makebt32.exe from the W2K CD. When I go into Arcserve Program Group and select Create Boot Disks > Create Boot Disk. I put the first floppy in and select the remote server that just backed up successfully and then next, next. But it fails to update the floppy with the following message:

"The file could not be located" Recreating the floppy doesn't make any difference. So then I tried the Create Bootable CD option and it fails with the following error.
"Failed to copy file c:\program files\computer associates\arcserve\sif50.sp2"

The backup machine is running at SP2 + security patches and the remote machine is runing at SP3 + security patches. Help.

Snorkel,

Does the win2k Pro Cd has integrated Service packs??

If this is tru , you would need to wait for CA to come out with a fix...

This is a problem with Win2k Pro with Integrated SPs.

Cheers
Speshalyst

Snorkel,

Does the win2k Pro Cd has integrated Service packs??

If this is tru , you would need to wait for CA to come out with a fix...

This is a problem with Win2k Pro with Integrated SPs.

Cheers
Speshalyst
So it Shall be Written!
So it Shall be Done!!

I was aware that you could not do DR with Windows CDs that have integrated SP3, but my CD is only SP2 integrated. Does this rule still apply to SP2 integrated CDs?????

I have done DR tests using Windows 2000 Server CDs that are integrated with SP2.

If so, what good is this software???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back