Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't Create Verity Collections in CFMX 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cfFran

Programmer
May 30, 2002
US
I have set up CFMX on a development server here at the office. We are attempting to create the set of Verity Collections. We get the following error:

Unable to Create collection myTestCollection.
An error occurred while performing an operation in the Search Engine native library.

coldfusion.tagext.lang.CFCollectionTagException: Error # -10.

Anyone know where to find the list of errors? I have NEVER had a problem creating verity collections in any previous version of ColdFusion. There must be something that I have configured improperly.

The answer to your problem is in the Macromedia ColdFusion Support center: ColdFusion MX for J2EE Application Servers
Phase 2
Known Problems
Issue ID 38917

You might receive the following error when attempting to create a Verity collection or to migrate a Verity collection:

Error: An error occurred while performing an operation in the Search Engine native library. coldfusion.tagext.lang.CFCollectionTagException: Error # -10.

To work around this issue, locate the file [installdrive]:/winnt/system32/VDK200.DLL, and rename it to VDK200.dll_old. Restart the ColdFusion server. This is a conflicting file from a previous version of ColdFusion.

djunaedwards you are a jewel! Thanks so much. That solved the problem.

cfFran how about giving djunaedwards a star for his/her help?? Would be a nice payback, [smile]

Forget the Nobel Peace prize, I just want to take over the world!! [hammer]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back