Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't connect via Easy View

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstoehner

Technical User
Oct 20, 2006
US
My reports run fine within CR10. We purchased Easy View for the staff who only need to run/export. A few weeks ago I had the viewer installed on their machine and the reports ran fine using ODBC for Oracle. Now none of us can connect from Easy View. We try to run the reports, put in our login/password and it just says "could not log on to the database server".

What could have changed? I did get a new machine and went from Windows 2000 Pro to Windows XP Pro but would that change anything with the drivers/connections set up on the reports I design? Again, the reports run fine from within Crystal on my machine but none of us can log on from the Easy View application.

Since you are referring to a 3rd-party tool, the vendor/developer of the tool should be your best bet for resolving any technical issues.

- Ido

view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Well, yes I realize that. But what's wrong with asking a forum full of CR experts if they have any ideas. Isn't there a chance it has nothing to do with Easy View and instead the problem lies in the ODBC configuration? I mean it's not like I asked for tech support on Adobe Photoshop or some application that it totally unrelated.

Ok, I say that in jest but I do wonder if your reply would have been the same had my question been about your competing CR viewer? Just kidding -- I'm sure it would have been. :cool:

Anyway, I got the email from you earlier and downloaded the trial version of DataLink Viewer which, by the way did NOT present the same connection error I got with EV so that's good. Nice little tool! I'll give it a try for a few weeks and might also like to demo VC because we do need one tool that does scheduling/email in addition to the 5-10 people who only need a viewer.

I truly think this forum should not be used for technical questions about 3rd-party tools. Indeed, if your question was about my software, I would have responded in exactly the same way.

- Ido

view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back