Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't connect using IP, error Can't create endpiont 2256 using Rping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 6, 2000
I can't connect to the exchange server using IP, only named pipes. I get the error "Cant create endpoint 2256 on TCPIP" when I run RPings.exe I have tryed to reinstall IP but to no avail. Have also tryed static ports, but still no responce. Perhaps I sould try different port numbers, anyone any suggestions?

Chris

Do you have any IP hardware between you and the server? Router switch vpn etc etc? [sig][/sig]

No hardware, just a hub. The error message is on the server. can you suggest any static port numbers to try. I tried 1011&1012 because those were the ones hinted at on technet but maybe there are better ones?

Thank for the responce SRG

Chris
[sig][/sig]

Can you ping the server by servername?
Can you ping the server by FQDN?
Can you ping the server by IP address?

I really would not play with the RPC ports.

Do you have any other protocols installed?

Can you do remote admin from another NT server or workstation?

[sig][/sig]

Yes can ping ok by servername
Yes can ping ok by FQDN
Yes can ping ok by IP address,

For the record

Jssrv
Jssrv.jackson-stephen

Only IP protocol installed

How do I remote admin?

I have started to think about reinstalling exchange, so I have installed another exchange server into the organisation as a new site (temp) in order to move everyone over to this new server and then back once reinstalled. However I now am getting the following errors on both machines in the application log.

An RPC communications error has occurred. Unable to bind over RPC. Locality Table (LTAB) index 22, NT/MTA error code: 1722. Comms error 1722, Bind error 0, Remote server Name ***** [MAIN BASE 1 500 %10](14)

Event ID = 9318 *****=either JSSRV or TempSRV

I don't fully understand Remote Procedure Calls, so I'm kind of piceing this together as I go.

Another question if I may SRG, how do I move the users mailboxs etc to the new server, I can't find any copy paste or anything to do this?

Thanks again for your time.

Chris [sig][/sig]

I have the same problem when conecting with Outlook 2000 clients (with the Ms Exchange Servicefrom the internet, but still havent found the solution.

You can use the Move Mailbox tool to move mailboxes within servers (the tool is included in the SP3 I think).

I have the same problem when conecting with Outlook 2000 clients (with the Ms Exchange Service) from the internet, but still havent found the solution.

You can use the Move Mailbox tool to move mailboxes within servers (the tool is included in the SP3 I think).

Cheers juanboz, but its not a problem with outlook, my other temp server is ok, its just the one server.

Did you try the rpc ping util on yours, what if any was the responce.

Thanks for the move tip. I guess your talking about the mailbox manager, I forgot about that.

Chris [sig][/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back