Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't connect to MySQL at localhost..HELP!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

iisuser

ISP
Feb 1, 2003
DE
Hi!
I have a problem: i have a server (Win2k IIS-5.0) with a MySQL server installed. After 2-3 hours of intensive work (i have about 2000 users with databases) all users getting a message like "Can't connect to MySQL at localhost". But MySQL service is still running!!! After system restart that problem goes away, but after 2-3 hours I have the same problem!!!!! Does someone have an ideas? Thanx!

restarting mysql only doesn't solve the prob? do you need to restart the whole system?

now to your prob

check the max_connections variable and increase it to a proper value - default is 100

then check how the users connect to mysql
if they open a connection everytime they need some data from mysql, they should - well must ;-) - close the connection after using it, otherwise the connection is active until the timeout expires and cannot be used by anybody else

Thanx, piti!
Restarting of MySQL service only does not solves the problem.

I cannot check every user... They can connect using php scripts only (most have forums and guestbooks installed at their homepages).
I have added to my.ini the line:

set-variable = max_connections=550

How can I set the connection timeout?

Still the same!!!
I'm going to crash with my head into the wall...
HELP!!!!!!!

that's strange when restarting mysql doesn't solve it - looks like the prob is not on the mysql side :-|

increasing the max alowed connections does not increase the time before the client's are denied?

btw to change the conection close timeout set the "wait_timeout" variable - it's set in seconds default is 28800

I have made the test yesterday. I have restarted MySQL service every 1 hour. Everything was ok within 15 hours. Then I went to sleep. Today at the morning MySQL server was down (it was not restarted within 8 hours)... That makes me crazy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back