Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can't connect to KX TDE 100

Status
Not open for further replies.

antispog

Programmer
Jun 9, 2013
US
Hi,
I have a KX-TDE100. I am trying to connect the maintenace console. No matter what I try, I get EA04301 -- Cannot open LAN port.
I am using an ethernet straight cable from my pc to MAINT. I can ping the ip address (192.198.2.200). I am pretty confident that I have the correct password. And I am using port 35300.
Is it possible the default port has been changed? IF so, how can I find it -- I also tried telnet to the ip & port and that didn't work.
I am using Windows 7, do I need to configure my network adapter (I ask this because, with a direct connection, there is no default gateway, subnet -- I was kind of surprised I could ping the IP address once directly connected)
Any ideas?
-Chris

I have a second question.
the front desk line is the only line that rings. If I try to pick up from another extension, I get a busy signal on line 1. How can I set it up so that any extension can answer the incoming phone call? I am hoping I can program this using the phone (since I can;t connect).

Since you are using maintenance console, use a USB to connect to the KX-TDE.
Latest version of the maintenance console, Ver7.5 has Win7 USB drivers.

Are you sur you have selected the good pbx model, lan and the good ip in the fields of pbx unified?

Normally, if it cant connect, it will say cannot open lan port.

Or invalid password or model type if the pc can see the pbx but dont have
The good settings.

You can check the mpr ip by removing the sd card then open the dsys file with
Pbx unified (just choose open instead of connect)

Then in slots the ... I dont remember!

For the line,try on a station with at least 3 lines of display
To input program*#

If it asks you a pin, maybe we can do something!

Checking the DSYS or DMSYS file is one way; you could also connect via serial port.

-----------------------------------
atcom_logo_small.jpg

Calgary Telephone Systems, Avaya LG Asterisk (FreePBX) VOIP & TDM

If you can't get a tech nearby, get one online to loo at it and help out first.
Sometimes its difficult to explain what is exactly on the ground.

Where are you located?
During installation of the maintenance console, what surfix did you choose?.

Can you take time and write down exactly what message is displayed after failing to connect?

Clearer info will result into fast guide.

I forgot which suffix I chose. Any chance that is the problem? Which suffix should it be?

Suffix CODE will depend on your PBX and may be your location. Where i am we use BX

First question: You have set your LAN adapter as static?
Second Question: You need to add the other extensions into the ICD Group (Prog 620-Group number-Location Number-Ext number.)

If you can't get in with lan. ( try a small switch with just pbx and laptop , Not plugged in to the Maint net work plug is key. ) I would go to the RS232 9 pin . You would need a nule modem cable 9 pin to what ever your laptop has you can even use the usb to 9 Pin plug they work fine. Yes its a slow connection but you can get in and check your Ip setting for the Lan port you set up on install.

Mark

To be able to answer a ringing call from another extension just add all extensions to the ICD group but set them not to ring that way the incoming call with light the CO button on other phones and they can just press it to answer it. If you don't add all extensions then only the ones in there will show ringing lines.

also if you have a 7600 or DT phone with usb module on it you can can connect thru the bottom of the phone anywhere on the system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back