Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't connect to internet from IE in WIN nt4... 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivoestg

Programmer
Mar 21, 2001
PT
i have one pc connect to one router cisco 760 and one isdn connection, i'm from europe, to the same router. my ip address from isdn is given my by my isp and is not static because i'm using one free connection to internet.
when i do telnet to the router i can ping to all interfaces and external ip address but when i go to IE i can't connect to the internet he says that can´t find de proxy server. but i have him in the lan configuration on nt4. can you tell me what to do to configure that???? or what can be the problem????
thanks...

first thing i would do is try to ping a domain name like or to see if your gateway and DNS settings are correct. if that is succesfull, it may be the settings for IE. Goto tools > internet options > connections tab > LAN settings in IE and setup your proxy if you have one, if not uncheck all boxes.

no i don't have a proxy server the proxy server that i have in IE is the proxy from the isp i don't have de dns in IE too is it necessary??? thanks...

Well ... it might be a good idea to enter the addresses of the ISP's DNS servers!!

Most likely you don't have NAT set which will translate your private internal address to the public address assigned to the external interface of your router.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back