Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cant connect to internet after updating modutils

Status
Not open for further replies.

farley99

MIS
Feb 12, 2003
US
I Cant connect to internet after updating modutils

I get this error....
Traceback (innermost last):

File "/usr/sbin/internet-druid", line 1400, in ?

window = mainDialog('druid')

File "/usr/sbin/internet-druid", line 238, in __init__

if modus == 'druid': self.on_deviceAddButton_clicked(None)

File "/usr/sbin/internet-druid", line 473, in on_deviceAddButton_clicked

interface = NewInterfaceDialog()

File "/usr/sbin/../share/redhat-config-network/netconfpkg/gui/NewInterfaceDialog.py", line 82, in __init__

iface = iface_creator (self.toplevel, do_save = None, druid = self.druid)

File "/usr/sbin/../share/redhat-config-network/netconfpkg/gui/EthernetInterface.py", line 101, in __init__

self.hwDruid = ethernetHardware(self.toplevel)

File "/usr/sbin/../share/redhat-config-network/netconfpkg/gui/EthernetHardwareDruid.py", line 64, in __init__

self.setup()

File "/usr/sbin/../share/redhat-config-network/netconfpkg/gui/EthernetHardwareDruid.py", line 118, in setup

list.append(modInfo['description'])

KeyError: description

Local variables in innermost frame:

modInfo: <netconfpkg.Conf.ConfModInfo instance at 84d4ee8>

list: ['RealTek RTL8129', 'Raytheon Raylink/WebGear/Aviator PCMCIA wireless', 'SMC Ultra32 EISA', 'DEC 21*40 and clones', 'Lucent Orinoco/Melco PCMCIA wireless (alternate)', 'SMC 91c92 series PCMCIA', 'Aironet 4500 PCI-ISA-i365 wireless', 'Intel EtherExpress/1000', 'PCI NE2000 clones', 'MiCom-Interlan NI5010', '3Com 3c515 Corkscrew', 'SMC 83c170 EPIC/100', 'NI5210 ethernet', 'AT1500, HP J2405A, most NE2100/clone', 'MyriCOM MyriNET SBUS', '3Com EtherLink16', 'AT&T/Lucent/Hitachi ISA WaveLAN', 'SiS 900/7016CI', 'Cabletron E2100', 'NE1000, NE2000, and compatible', 'Intel EtherExpress Pro 100B', 'Allied Telesis AT1700', 'Greenwigh GIrBIL IrDA', 'Older DEC 21040, most 21*40', 'NSC IrDA', 'Sun Quad', 'ICL EtherTeam 16i/32 EISA', '3Com 3c590/3c595/3c90x/3cx980', '3Com 3c589 series PCMCIA', 'Sun BigMac', 'ThunderLAN', '3Com 3c574 series PCMCIA', 'Ansel Communications Model 3200', 'Aironet 4500 PCMCIA wireless', 'Xircom CBE-100 CardBus', 'General Instruments SB1000']

self: <netconfpkg.gui.EthernetHardwareDruid.ethernetHardware instance at 8543ab0>
i: defxx

How do I fix this?

How about this first: Why did you NEED to update modutils?

In the unix world, you dont fix things if they arent broken.

Second, if it's broken with your &quot;updated&quot; modutils, why dont you regress back to the older one after uninstalling the &quot;fixed&quot; one?

Please let Tek-Tips members know if their posts were helpful.

My thoughts exactly. Think about your actions before you start playing with box.

I had to update my kernal and the latest modutils was needed

This coming from the same person who couldnt figure out KPPP, leave it alone.

Even if you had to &quot;upgrade the kernel&quot;, you shouldnt have to update modutils UNLESS the new kernel will not accept an older modutils query. I've been using 2.5.63 on a test box, and havent had to update modutils.

And if the kernel wouldnt modprobe, big deal. Just revert to an older kernel. Yod DID save the older kernels, right???

Please let Tek-Tips members know if their posts were helpful.

I tried with the old kernel no luck.

&quot;the new kernel will not accept an older modutils query&quot;
Of course this is why I uploaded modutils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back