Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can't connect to Access db: The specified data source is not defined. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

theotrain

Programmer
Mar 5, 2003
MX
i just recently put coldfusion on a WAMP install.

i tried setting up an access databases as a datasource (which used to work fine in coldfusion on IIS) and i got the following error:

Code:
Connection verification failed for data source: wfp3241_hmstore
java.sql.SQLException: [Macromedia][SequeLink JDBC Driver][SequeLink Server]The specified data source is not defined.
The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLException: [Macromedia][SequeLink JDBC Driver][SequeLink Server]The specified data source is not defined.

im not much of a deep down geek, so i dont know what to do besides panic when cf fails. i know the file its pointing to is a legit mdb file that works. driver type set to "microsoft access" it is not opened anywhere else when i try to access it in CF.

in services i have "coldfusion 8 odbc agent" and "coldfusion 8 odbc server" started.

i cant figure out whether i need to update odbc drivers, or where i would get them or what else to try. it always just worked for me in the past. i can connect to mysql datasource no problem.

ideas?

Have you checked for the source in the CF administrator?
Do you have any other daasorces that CF connects to correctly?

Lyndon

---People Remember about 10% of what you say ---They never forget how you made them feel. Covey

the administrator is where i am trying to add the datasource. i was able to sucessfully add a mysql datasource, but any access db seems to fail.

What is the servers operating system?

Lyndon

---People Remember about 10% of what you say ---They never forget how you made them feel. Covey

Vista running WAMP. its just the CF developer edition running on my own computer. i did get this to work, but not by using MS Access or ODBC as the driver type.

on the advice of a friend who knows more than i about such things, i chose "other" as the driver type and entered the following:

JDBC URL:
jdbc:eek:dbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=[Full path to your database file];DriverID22;

Driver Class:
sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver

Drive Name:
MS Access via JDBC

.. worked like a charm!

Thanks for posting, I'll bet that helps others.

Lyndon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back