Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cant connect to a sco unix server from a remote site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

techmike15

Technical User
Jun 18, 2004
US
Hello everyone, I am having an issue trying to connect to a sco unix server from a remote site. I just set up a Vpn tunnel with 2 netgear fvl328 vpn firewall routers. Lets say lan A is the original network and lan B is the remote router. Well im able to ping from lan B to all devices on lan A, but when i try pinging the unix server behind lan A it says TIMED OUT HOST IS UNREACHABLE. If someone has any tips on what i may need to configure or add please let me know. Thanks in advance.

On the SCO box:
man route

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

thanks, but ive checked the info out through man route before but im not sure whatexactly needs to be done. Like i said im not that familiar with sco unix configurations so i would know where to begin. If it was as easy as it is in windows then i would be able to understand more of it, therefore im stuck. If anyone has any more info on this situation i would greately appreciate it.

thanks again PHV

Have you defined in the SCO box the gateway to use to see the other LAN ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

No, that is what im looking for, but im no sure where to do that. when i modify the adapter i dont see anything on a gateway, only in the advance tab where it says enable it.

So, again: man route

Hope This Helps, PH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back