Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't connect to 011 off tie trunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

donbott

Technical User
Dec 4, 2003
US
We have a Mitel switch offsite connected to our Definity with a tie trunk. From the Mitel we can go through the Definity to call around the country and into Canada no problem. When we try to international 011 numbers the call fails, though we can make the same calls of the Definity no problem. All the routing is the same, checked COR's and the usuall suspects. I can't use a vector route-to because the digit string is too long.

I could sure use a solution or a work around.

Thanks

DonBott
Chairman
Omnipitence, Ltd.

I did find a work-around using ARS digit conversion but would still like a real solution. I forgot to say I'm a G3R6 and can't do a list trace.

Thanks

DonBott
Chairman
Omnipitence, Ltd.

The nine is inserted by the mitel. All regular long distance works fine only international doesn't work.

DonBott
Chairman
Omnipitence, Ltd.

please attach a print shot off your 011 ars & your route pattern from the Avaya

Dialed Total Rte Call Nd ANI Dialed T
String Mn Mx Pat Type Num Rq String M
011549351xxxxxxx 16 16 6 intl n

Grp. FRL NPA Pfx Hop Toll No. Del Ins
No. Mrk Lmt List Digits Digits
1: 11 5 3 1
2: 5 2 1 1

DonBott
Chairman
Omnipitence, Ltd.

can you dial the international numbers right from the Avaya PBX?

yes we can

DonBott
Chairman
Omnipitence, Ltd.

can you trace the call on the Avaya side, what version is it?

No ,trace isn't available on this switch

DonBott
Chairman
Omnipitence, Ltd.

Is the outbound trunk pri? If so try to remove the dialed 011. Some providers PRI see the INTL flag on the D channel and insert the 011 AGAIN. If this doesn't work change the INTL to FNPA and see what happens.

Hope this helps
ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back