Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't connect Outlook to mail server

Status
Not open for further replies.

zahara666

Technical User
Nov 1, 2001
CA
I have a Windows 2000 client, and want to configure Outlook to look at the Mail Server. I enter the path and it says "Network problems are preventing connection the Microsoft Exchange Server computer." But there are no network problems - I can access the server no problem.

We are using Microsoft mail and a MailPO box.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
J.

I'm a bit rusty on this, but I think it's because Outlook is looking for an Exchange server rather than a MS Mail Post Office. Look at the mail services and remove Exchange Server, Add in Microsoft mail and configure it for the server and path to the Post Office.

Sorry if that's a bit sketchy, but it's a long time since I used MS mail and I don't remember all the settings exactly.

P.

Sounds like you need to remove the Exchange service from Outlook, and add the MS mail service as the primary. Tools, services, remove Microsoft Exchange, add MS Mail.. Hope this helps....JK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back