Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cant Connect on Neax 2000 IVS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2003
US
First off, does anyone have a lead of where to get the old dos version of Matworx? Our vender has told us that it isnt sold any more and that he is unable to provide us with a source to buy it. He told us that the windows version doesnt work very well with the 2000 and the 2400 we have.

Anyway, I have been trying to use hyperterm to connect to the switch on pim 0. I have it set to vt100 1200 baud 8-n-1 with hardware flow control. I can not seem to get any response using the / key. I have tried every baud setting from 1200 to 56k with no luck.

I tried using a crossover cable and a standard serial cable. Is there a special cable used to connect to it?

I have seen our vender use his dos matworx on our switch so I know that a connection is possible.

I currently do all programming from the phone, but I need a print out of the extensions assigned to the ports. I really dont feel like going through 1 by 1 writing them all down.

One other thing, our switch does have a password set on it, that shouldnt prevent you from seeing the Command= prompt when you press / should it? It should show the command= and then use the 03 command right?

I used qmodem to call the swtich and got in. My next question is how do I put in commands that use the A-F? Example E601 it wont let me put in the letters.

NM, I figured out how to get the A-F keys. It was just being an idiot.

I have never had problems with the windows Matworx on old systems before...

But anyways, if you need the DOS version - let me know...

agonza07@yahoo.com

MAtworx 3.x can be ugly with old 2000 ivs platforms. It does like the Dos MAT commands much better. HOWEVER, the new 6.2 matworx for IPS is great with the older 2000's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back