Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't connect locally to Metaframe XP 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigernmckracken

IS-IT--Management
Dec 1, 2004
US
Hi Everyone,

I have a curious problem with our Metaframe Server. After moving our Citrix server to our new domain our users can't connect to the citrix server from the internal IP. The error that is given is "The Citrix Metaframe server you have selected is not accepting connections". The users can however connect throught our external IP without issue.

First thing I did was save the ica file and check the ip. Sure enough it was the external ip. After changing the ip address in the ica file to the internal ip I can use that ica file to connect without issue.

My question is where and what do I need to change to get this working again? Not sure where to start.

Thanks
Big Ern

Smells like a name resoultion issue to me ? What is returned if you ping a citrix servere from a client ?

[blue] Oh you know, just doing what I do.[/blue]

Cheers
Scott

HI Ascotta,

Tried Pinging from Client to the Server. Got a response pinging ip and hostname. Not sure what this could be?

A little more on our issue

I can see the server, I can log into nFuse, I just can't launch the app on the internal network because (at least this is what I think is going on) the ica file only points to the external ip, not the internal. Is there a setting on the Citrix server I am missing.

Thanks
Big Ern

If all your connections use NFUSE the there is a setting that need to be set on NFUSE. You need to tell it that anyone from inside uses the normal address.

If you are running from PN then I have not the foggiest what could be the issue. I will have a think.

Cheers
Scott

Thanks for the Reply.

Yes we do use Nfuse for our connections. How do I change the setting that you are thinking of?

THanks Again

Big Ern

It is the "Normal" setting you want to change. What version of NFUSE ?

Cheers
Scott

The "Normal" Setting was the problem. Thanks for all the help ascotta.

Big Ern

[blush]

Cheers
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back