Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cant connect ICA after installing MS TS licenses

Status
Not open for further replies.

chikn

IS-IT--Management
Aug 20, 2001
US
Everything was fine, had been running on temporary MS TS licenses and Citrix. Time was running out so I bought some TS licenses (already had Citrix licenses) Yesterday was the temporary license 90 period. I installed the TS licenses 2 days ago so I thought I was good.

Go to yesterday, all non thin clients refuse to connect to ICA. All winterms connect just fine. I can connect RDP to the server but get network errors (appears to be an immediate refusal to connect, it doesnt even think about it) trying to use the ICA client.

What kind of strange licensing trouble could I be having? Im assuming its a licensing deal as it would be quite coincidental for them to stop functioning the same day MS TS temporary licenses would have expired. But I cant understand how thin clients can ICA, PC can RDP but PCs can ICA. Im stumped.

I tried to remove the registry keys to see if it would work. And it will let me ICA connect once. If I try it again I get the same network error problem. When I look the same registry key is back there again. Im at a loss with this.

Check the Terminal Services Licensing manager. Check the license expiration date for the clients having trouble connecting.

What OS is running on the PC's?

Well SP 3 for Metaframe 1.8 fixed this problem. Dont know what was going on with it but atleast its fixed.

The problem was for some reason it kept places the licenses in the Temporary License section in TS Licensing even though that had expired and there were activated licenses available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back