Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't connect after altaddr address change at server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsyCloner

IS-IT--Management
Oct 10, 2002
US
I need to change the IP address of a Citrix server that is behind a firewall and after changing the servers IP address, the subsequent altaddr and the NAT one to one IP forwarding at the firewall and restarting "everything", I could not get a client to connect in any manner via LAN or WAN connection.
I returned everything back to thier original state and all works fine. I verified everything and rebooted at every step along the way so I am really stumped.
This is MetaFrame 1.8 FR1 and Windows NT TS with Service pak 6.

Did you change the Server Location address in the client to point to the Alternate address? CitrixEngineer@yahoo.co.uk

Yes, the client was updated. In fact, I tried to connect with multiple clients and upgraded the client software and created new custom connections. Also used the altaddr /v command to verify that the IP address was really set on the server and everything was correct. I'm thinking I have a Registry Key on the server that is not changing along with the new address but if so, it's not in plain site as I searched the registry and found one reference to the altaddr setting and that reference indicated the correct address. Any other thoughts? And thanks to all for the help!!

The one time I had to change the IP address on a Citrix server, it was still looking to the old addresses. Do a 'qfarm' and see which address it reports.

I was able to fix it with a 'DSMAINT COMPACTDB' command.

-gbiello

OK, did you;

(from CTX570635)

On your Web server, edit Template.ica and change the line that reads

Address=[NFuse_IPv4Address]

to the following:

Address=[NFuse_IPv4AddressAlternate]

Hope this helps CitrixEngineer@yahoo.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor