Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cant chart a trend of calculated percentages 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig350

Technical User
Feb 17, 2009
US
Ibass posted this response to someone asking a very similar question, but it isn't working for me - I need the formula to work at a group level that is determined by the formula LOB which is no more than:
ToText (Round({Command.Category}),0) + " - " +
{Command.Category_Name}
But putting LOB in a formula very similar to the one below, it says too many arguments have been entered for this function. So if you remove one of the arguments and insert LOB, it then errors and says LOB needs to be a string. Anyone have a solution to getting the formula to work at the group level and getting around the "string" error? Would be greatly appreciated!

Here's Ibass' answer:
To get the gross profits per month based on sales per month, group on your date field {table.date}, and set it to "monthly". Create a formula {@monthlyGP%}:

sum({@Actual GP},{table.date},"monthly")%sum({@USD Sales},{table.date},"monthly")

Insert the chart, choose line, advanced layout, enter {table.date} as your "On Change Of" field, and then select it. Choose "Order" and select "chart values shown for each month." Choose {@monthlyGP%} as your summary field, and check "don't summarize values."

Since you're not grouping on a date field, you need to take out then "monthly" param from your sums. So, the sum would look something like this:

sum({@Actual GP}, {@LOB})

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Thanks, Dell. I've actually tried that route before and what happens is that all 13 mos are graphed at the same value - the most recent month's. Here's the formula I am graphing:

Sum ({Command.Total_Past_Due_$},{@LOB}) %
Sum ({Command.Exposure_$},{@LOB})

I'm doing this on change of Command.FILEDATE.

Under "show values" it doesn't matter if I sum the above formula or not - it still shows only one value for all months - the last month's value.

What am I missing? Thanks so much for your time, Dell.

Craig

Dell - a follow up and mistake - I said the formula I referenced above returned the value for the most recent month, but it does not - nor does it return the first month's. It seems to be summing all months delinquencies and dividing them by all the months outstandings for an average of the 13 months - as opposed to each month's delinquency rate. This has to be easier than it seems. Thanks!

Group by LOB and then by File Date. Then do the sum by File Date with the "monthly" parameter. You'll then be able to do a separate chart for each LOB in the LOB group footer.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Dell - another stumper! Please help one last time as this one effects multiple graphs. Nothing works. And I can't upload the file - do you have an address I can send it to?

Technically, the build would not accomodate a separate chart for each LOB as the build for all previous charts are all done in GH1a which is LOB, and so Crystal runs thru each LOB, but all in GH1a. That would be clear if I could send the file.

I did add the second grouping of filedate but I still get the same error message for the following formula:

Sum ({@DQLOB}, {@00Target Base File Date}, "monthly")
% Sum ({@ExposureLOB}, {@00Target Base File Date}, "monthly")

The error message is:

There must be a group that matches this field.

Thanks for the help!!!

Are you grouping on {@00Target Base File Date} or on a field? This needs to be the value that you're grouping on.

-Dell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back