Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can't change inside ip range 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

EchoAlertcom

IS-IT--Management
Oct 8, 2002
US
I'm setting up a PIX 501 and need to change the IP range that is on the inside from 192.168.1.0/24 to a different range. I have tried the Setup Wizard and the CLI and it won't let me change it.

Can someone suggest how I can do this please? I am new with Cisco/PIX so go easy on me.

THanks,

Steve

ip address inside (new address) (subnet mask)"

also make sure you modify your nat statments, and access-lists..

BuckWeet

Hi BuckWeet (I like the name.)

Thanks for the response. I tried that and I got a message saying that the DHCP range was different and wouldn't let the change happen. I thought I disabled DHCP through the Setup Wizard, but still got the same message.

Here is the part of my config that shows the DHCP info. Could you tell me how to disable it so it doesn't interfere with changing the inside ip range please? I do not need DHCP for the inside.

Code:
dhcpd address 192.168.1.2-192.168.1.254 inside
dhcpd dns 216.53.185.130 216.53.185.129
dhcpd lease 3600
dhcpd ping_timeout 750
dhcpd auto_config outside
dhcpd enable inside

Thanks you for the help,

Steve

no dhcpd address 192.168.1.2-192.168.1.254 inside
dhcpd address <new-range> inside
dhcpd enable inside

That's all you need but do it from the CLI and don't use the PDM GUI.

I am also new at this so bear with me!!

I want to change the inside IP address also. It says above that I also need to change the nat statments and access-lists. Can I do this on the PDM? If so, do I change the NAT under Configuration-Routing-Static Route? What about access lists? Where do I change that? Thank you!!

I tried adding the Static Route to the new IP and then when I tried to change the internal ip, I get the following message: Cannot remove route entry because it does not exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back