Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't change file types settings in folder options

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpopa

Programmer
Mar 3, 2005
US
I am so unbelievably confused by all of this, so if anyone can give me any ideas I would appreciate it. I've got a terminal server running on Win2k, and I've got a user with a problem. Somehow, wordpad was associated to .doc files. No biggie, easy change right? Here's the fun part:

1) The method of changing via the Folder options doesn't work. When you go to any file ext to change it, the buttons are greyed out.

2) Detect and Repair on Word hangs.

3) winword /r doesn't fix it either.

I am lost on anything else to try. I went to the server locally, and noticed that our domain admin login ALSO can't change the associations. Any thoughts would be great

Titleist, I would just like to let you know that my users love you. This has just been one thing in a long line of issues they've had with printing at their location in the last 2-3 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back