Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't change Date or Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

GregSuhr

Technical User
Feb 11, 2003
US
I installed a new station line at a customer site - ACS R3.0. Using my display phone at station 11 I programmed the new station. While doing so, I noticed Time and Date were wrong so I tried to reset them without success. Data line is 222222 for date and 2222 for time. When I enter new value, as soon as I input last digit it reverts to all 2s. I tried a warm boot #728 with no change. Any suggestions before I power off reset? They do not have display phones so it isn't crucial yet, but they have expressed an interest in V-mail.

Assuming you have a backup of your programming try doing a software reset. Enter system programming, #989, 25327. If this doesn't work I would suspect the clock chip is bad on the ACS.

Brian Cox
J & J Communications
brian@jandjcommunications.com

I had a R 3.0 doing the same exact thing ,could not reset the time and date I pulled the back-up battery and powered it down and then I unplugged and removed the module and then reinstalled it without the batterys . after I powered it up I set the time and date without a problem and then reistalled the batterys . I still can't quite understand why it worked but it did . It is still working just fine and its been a year

Hi Jwynn,
That is what I do whenever I hit a funny problem that I can't clear. I don't normally pull the modual. It usually works.
If you have Remote Administration, connect and download the diagnostics. If you have a high number of warm and cold starts you need to install a UPS. This will prevent many truly strange faults.
-Chris

Thanks all! That's pretty much where I was heading, but, I kind of want to be sure on this one. The customer is a dialysis center where my wife works. It wouldn't be good to screw this one up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back