Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't change data port setting on MM 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbxphoneman

Technical User
Oct 4, 2002
I need to change the Parity settings on one of the Data ports of the RSM cable connected to a MM 13 card that is to be hooked up to a PMS system.I can find where to make the changes in the TOOLS menu ( hardware) but I get an error ( that key is invalid at this time ).
Is there something that needs to be disabled before changing the settings on these? The TTY ports I have no problem changing..these I am.

thank you

in mail, you have to disable the card before the change!

thank you..I haven't had any MM training..just Opt 11c database..so I'm in the black on doing this... if anyone has the PDF or can point to the procedure on doing this..it would be greatly appreiated !I'll search the Nortel site in the mean time...thank you very much..I remember something in the past about an AML link????..but it was to long ago.

two links, the tty and the aml, the aml is changed in the switch, ld 17 chg adan... but that is just the link from the switch to the mail... for pms you do not make the tty change in the mail, ld 22 prt adan (either return) or tty x,
if you ld 37 stat, you might see the tty number, that is where you dis tty x prior to ld 17 changes... and schools for mermial closed about 4 maybe 5 years ago...

if mem serves me right, the only tty in mail is the ax your typing on, that one changes hot from tools... since you can't dis it then get in mail to make the change on a dead port...

i want to say, your tty is in the switch..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back