Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't change button B01 "Line 1" on M7208 phone 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

OuttaCyTE

IS-IT--Management
Aug 29, 2007
US
This is wierd. I'm no expert on these systems for sure, but one extension with the same type of phone allows me to change B01, and another does not. Both are M7208 phones.

The one that won't let me change is blank in the area where the other has "CLR, TEL#, FEATR".

I figure something is locked, but I can't find it.

I checked under Restrictions/Filters/lock and it is set to none.

So I'm rather puzzled.

Norstar/Nortel MICS pbx

-greg

The confusing part is that one M7208 (the problem phone) has a green "Line 1" button, and the other M7208 has a green "Line 1" and green "Line 2". Both have 8 buttons. Both have M7208 on a sticker on the bottom.

So, I'm sure they are both M7208 phones.

How is it that I can change one of the phones and not the other?

The phone I want to change has on "B01:034:<phone#>" on it and nothing else when I get to B01. The other phone that is correct has "B01:Line Pool..." and has the "CLR, TEL#, FEATR" options.

The problem phone needs to read like the one with Line Pool in it.

Why does the first not give me an option to change yet the second one does. They are both "Line" buttons.

I've been doing this from the master phone and can look at the two different extensions, but I'm not given the option to change B01 on the problem phone/extension.

I did not understand ironhorse's comment about answer DN keys.

Thanks for helping!
-greg

As I said you cannot program over lines...in this case yours is line 034 which is line 8.
You need to remove line 8 in configuration programming before you can program it as a Pool button.
Or Set Copy in configuration.
This is tech side of programming and not admin.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

You may need a vendor to help you onsite.

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)
NCSS, ATSP/IP

This is a super basic problem, unassign line 034 and assign 001 or the line pool etc. whichever you want. Once you remove that line off button 1 the key will be blank.

Jeremy J. Carter
Charm City Communications
Norstar. BCM. CS1000 Programmer

may be easier to do a set copy

mike

Thank all of you for responding.

I should be able to get over to the client on Monday and try unassigning the line.

-greg

YES!

OK, I was able to unassign the line and the B01 became updateable again.

I couldn't remember how to assign a line pool to the button. After several iterations of trying to figure it out without my cheat-sheets with me, I resorted to a set copy and that did the trick for me.

All of you were great. Thank you Norstarboy for making it obvious what the others were trying to tell me. Thanks to all who suggested the set copy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back