Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can't call out on pri

Status
Not open for further replies.

djs01

Technical User
Dec 3, 2001
CA
We are installing a pri card in a elx cabinet running LW19 Q46.01. Ok we got the IMAT software and we can talk to our pri card. We have changed the settings for NI1, esf, b8zs, the usual.
We had the telco turn up the pri for testing. We can call into our test number and establish an incoming call no problem.
We cannot call out. When we monitor the outgoing channels of the card we see the channel being seized and tkd, it never seems to connect and give us ringback. No re-order either.
I've reviewed everything I can think of and am stuck. What would cause the incoming to work and not the outgoing?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Dave

What do you have programmed for ARS? Specifically the digit modification tables. Are you inserting any digits to control the PRI call?

What if I don't want to put a signature on my posts?

We are inserting *4000*6*4

In your IMAT programming for the PRI database, do you have that link set up for call by call? If not, then do that. If it is, then I will have to think about it more.

If you connect to the serial port on the back of the bay for that card, J10 or J11, and use a terminal emulation program set to 38400 n81, then you can view the calls on the PRI channels. When connected, you need to enter in command "option + dispcall". This will show all inbound and outbound call attempts on the PRI B channels. When you want to turn off, just use a "-" in the above command instead of +. Also "option state" will show the current status of all the channels.

Ok this might seem like a dumb question, but where is it exactly that you program cbc?

Connect via IMAT. Load the database from the PRI card into the IMAT program. Under Config on the tool bar, choose Outgoing Call Characteristics. In the window that comes up, you will see PRI Link Number. Make sure it is set to the link you have the PRI on, usually link 1. Under Fixed Bearer Capability, set to NULL. Under Fixed Network Specific Facilities, set to UNASSIGNED. Under Fixed CLIR, set to NULL. Under Per Call Network Specific Facilities, set the 0 option to Default. Then click the UPDATE button at the bottom. Click the CLOSE button. Under File on tool bar, choose Save and save the database to the PRI card. Once that is complete, under Maintenance you should see an option to reset the remote site. This will reset the PRI card with the new changed database.

FYI-: *4000*6*4 means the following. The first *4 will stop SMDR, the first 0 relates to the Bearer Capability (speech), the second 0 relates to the Per Call Network Specific Facilities (Default), the third 0 relates to CLIR (Allow), the second *4 will start the smdr again. I can't remember exactly what the *6 does.

Good Luck!

We have tried everything.
The ARS programming is correct. We know this because the pri channel gets seized. It shows tkd in the swstat. It never completes the call, just hangs there forever.
The IMAT programming must be correct. We get incoming calls to our test number

I monitored the pri card on j11 and we do not see anything for outgoing. Incoming is good.
I enable the messages for layer 2/3 and can see normal dch messages for incoming. Nothing at all for outgoing.

We have tried switching from NI1 to NI2 with the telco, same problem.

I am now going to try and program an analog trunk off the old switch and see if we can seize that outgoing.

Any other ideas? CSU setting?

Thx,
Dave

You didn't say if you checked the programming for outbound call characteristics. You can have the PRI programmed correctly for inbound calls but not the outbound calls.

If you are programming an analog trunk then make sure it has the same tenant group and class of restriction.

I wonder if your class of service is incorrectly programmed. I will post what you should have.

Check these COS options for the PRI trunks:

• Enable ANI/DNIS Trunk COS option 811 to display CLID (the caller's number) and DDI (the number the caller dialed) on incoming trunks.
• Enable Incoming Trunk Call Rotary COS option 801.
• Enable Incoming Trunk No Dial Tone COS option 701.
• Enable Limited Wait for Dial Tone COS Option 802.
• Enable SMDR - Record ANI/DNIS COS Option 814 to allow CLID digits to appear in SMDR reports for Incoming calls.
• Enable SMDR - Extended Record, COS Option 246, to allow the calling name to appear in SMDR reports for Incoming calls.
• Enable SMDR - Overwrite Buffer Option 702 if SMDR - Record Incoming Calls Option 806 is Enabled.

and make sure option 800 is disabled.

Also check your circuit descriptor:

Form 13, Trunk Circuit Descriptors - Assign the ISDN trunk with a T1 trunk circuit descriptor. To receive CLID or DDI digits, the ISDN trunk must be a non-DISA trunk that is programmed with a T1 E&M, or T1 DID/TIE trunk circuit descriptor.
In the options subform for Form 13, program the following options:
• Set the “DTMF” option to “No”.
• If you are connecting the ISDN trunk to a Toll Office, set the Toll Office option to “Yes”.
• If you are connecting the ISDN trunk to a Local Office, set the Toll Office option to “No”, and set the “Is a CO?” option to “Yes.
Note that the Toll Office setting takes precedence over the Local Office setting. Also, if neither “Toll Office” nor “Is a CO?” is set to “Yes”, the switch assumes a digital TIE trunk is connected.
• Set the Debounce Timer to 100 milliseconds.
• Set the Incoming Start Type to WINK.
• Set the Outgoing Start Type to WINK.

One last thing to check in the circuit descriptor. Make sure that you have QSIG DISABLED

With your help and the help of a mitel vendor we have success.
You were correct that some of the parameters in the cos for the trunks and the station were not set correctly. I guess what I don't understand is that we did the programming by the lw19 handbook, but the changes we made were not in the notes we had.

Thanks for your assistance with this, it is really appreciated.

Good night,
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back