Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't call Local numbers on PRI

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdcurt

IS-IT--Management
Mar 7, 2010
US
Hi all,we just set up new Pri.We can call long distant but not local,we dial 10 digits here for local calls in las vegas,702-XXX-XXXX telco says first digit drops (7) when i call out.7.1 sw rec digits are 4 dial plan set to 10.any help would be great.Thanks

rec digits are 4 dial plan set to 10"
That is for inbound

Make sure the the DN Length default is set to 10, often its at 7

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

I mean in your case it would/might be 9.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

I am headed out there this morning i think i have it set to 10 will check and repost!
Thank you

Tried dn lenght 9 and 10 still can't dial local numbers .any suggestions??
Thanks

If you monitor the D Channel, can you see the call attempts hitting it? If they are, is the string what the Telco requires to route the call?

yes,they see the first digit 7 being stripped
thanks

Does Monitor show the dest code? i.e 9702-XXX-XXXX

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

If I remember right, you have to enter your local are code in the dialing plan and change it to ten digits instead of the 3 digits which is default.

Well 7 is default but he already tried 10 it appears above.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

dest code should have been 01,I had absorb all.works fine I really want to thank all of you very much!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back