Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't call between port networks

Status
Not open for further replies.

a1bandit

Technical User
Jun 30, 2004
US
I just added a 3rd PN. IPSI's all connected, phones connected and can see everything but when I call from a digital phone on PN3 to any digital phone on PN 1 or 2 it won't go through. Can call some IP phones on PN1 and 2 but not all. Any advice where to look?

Start with a call trace on your test station. This should provide some insight where the failure might be.

Thanks,
98C

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. ARISTOTLE 384-322 B.C.

just shows 'redirect station' or 'busy station'. It tries to go to VM but since the VM hunt group is on PN1 it fails.

If your PN are IP connected, then make sure you have Medpro resources in each port network

I have Medpro's in 1 and 2 but only running digital phones in PN3 and can't call digital to digital so shouldn't use Medpro (right?)

wrong. You MUST have a MEDPRO/Media Processor in EACH Port Network.

You must have IP connectivity between each PN, or things will just not work properly, as you have discovered.

Mitch

AVAYA Certified Expert

THANKS Mitch. That makes sense since it needs IP connectivity between PN's since there is no TDM. I guess it takes the TDM to IP to communicate with the other PN's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back