Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't call a specific phone number

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdm5000

IS-IT--Management
Apr 3, 2009
US
I have a Meridian1 Option 61C. I've got one phone number that I can't call from any phone on my PBX. All I get is "Your call cannot be completed as dialed. Please check the # you dialed and try again: 026 T"

Before I call AT&T and hound them, I wanted to make sure it wasn't something programmed into my PBX. I can call any other number is the same area code and prefix so the prefix isn't denied in LD 90. Is there any other place I should look to see if the entire phone number is blocked?

Thanks for any help y'all can provide.

I have seen a different call type fix this before. Look at your dmi for the rli.

Have you tried directly access a route and dialing the number that way?

Sounds like you are getting out to the telco. You might want to call them and tell them the number you are trying to call, the message you are getting and a time you called it, so they can check their system. It may not be set up in their system correctly.

I've got a trouble ticket in with my telco. Thanks for the input

That announcement comes from the telco. The 61c would just give a reorder (fast busy signal) if the problem were in the switch.

If an analog trunk - put your buttset on the trunk and try dialing the number directly (without a preceding "9") - if you get the same announcement, it's either a.) a telco issue, or b.) you're dialing the wrong # because that NPA doesn't exist there that NXX within that area code doesn't exist (or at least your telco isn't recognizing it because it's brand new (rare)).

If the call goes through on your buttset, check to see what route the call is going out of and see what digits the PBX is sending out (do an ENTC in LD 80 on the TN you're dialing from)... check your SPN in LD 90 and look at the RLB and DMI for that route in LD 86 and 87.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back