Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cant browse w/IPSec Tunnel PIX 515 to WG Firebox II

Status
Not open for further replies.

rborges

IS-IT--Management
Jun 22, 2001
US
I have an IPSec tunnel set up between a Cisco PIX 515 and a WatchGuard Firebox II. I cant connect to the computers at my remote location where the PIX is at, but I want to be able to browse the network at the remote location. Both domains are WIN2K PDC's and I have checked the WIN's servers on each domain to make sure they are replicating with each other. Anyone have any idea's what the problem could be?

Correction!

I CAN connect to the machines at the remote domain, but I can NOT browse the domain from my HQ.

Are you still having this problem? Let me know, I can probably help. I'll need to know how you tested your connection to the remote office to be of more assistance. Check your PIX config and make sure the following line exists:

sysopt connection permit ipsec

Jason
jlong@menders.com

Yes, the line "sysopt connection permit ipsec" is included in my PIX config file. Any other possibilities?
I have tested the IPSec tunnel by sucessfully pinging the servers inside address at the remote site, and I can connect via Terminal Server as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back