Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can't browse domain and share printer 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmonck

Technical User
Mar 20, 2002
US
I'm trying to share a printer on a domain (no acitve directory). There are 5 computers (running XP) and one 2K server. All computers can connect to the server but not to each other although all users are listed on the pc's. I keep getting an access denied error. This printer is attached to one of the pc's and shared to "everyone", but not even the Server seems able to print a test page. Any suggestions?

I take it this is a workgroup setup and not a domain setup, if so you will have to add the same users to each of the PC's or you could enable guest account but wouldnt recommend it.

Hi Faithless,

It is indeed a domain just not running AD. This is why I'm stumped. Also, everything is in Spanish which is not my native toungue. Their regular admin is out of the country.

What about attaching the printer to the server if possible and see if it works that way. Or plug the printer directly into the network via network print hub or something similar. And are you sure the the domain is a 2k domain and not a NT4 domain. In a 2k/2k3 domain you have to have AD running afaik.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back