Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't break dial tone on my AT&T SB67118 4 line phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

bixtool

Programmer
Mar 4, 2009
US
We have an AT&T SB67118 four line phone with two cordless handsets, we went to put a third line in it and it won't break dial tone when we try to call out. I can't find any settings on tone or pulse options in the manual. The line itself is fine since we changed it out with line one and it would dial out. Lines one and two are ok and have been working for over a year. Unplugged it for a couple of minutes with the batteries removed and still no go...pulling the last strands of my hair out as we speak.....

Try the old phone guy trick. Reverse the line 3 pair.

Worth a try

ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

If you plug telco line 1 into position line three of the phone does it work in that position?
If the new telco line is good, since you said you tested it into line 1 and was good, and if telco line 1 does not work into position 3 of the phone, then it must be a defective phone.

We figured out the issue, sort of, the base phone has the option of putting 3 AA batteries in it for power outages, otherwise it is powered by a power supply. After trying everything else including unpluggng it for an extending period, we decided to put batteries in it for s$#ts and giggles, once we put them in it worked. We took the batteries out and it still worked. Something in line 3 and 4 must have had to have some voltage in order to make it functional. Wierd....Just wanted to say thanks and also post the solution we found for others with this model of phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back