Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can't barred internal calls with Avaya IP Office R8 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsebasmz

Technical User
May 7, 2012
CO
Hi everyone
I try to barred calls between extensions, in hardphones this feature works fine but in users with Avaya Flare and Softphones doesnt work, I use several codes and barred function without success.

Thanks for your help

you cannot prevent an internal user Dialing another internal user.

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Thanks for your answer, that means that a user with flare or softphone not support the internal call barring (between extensions)?

It will not work with Flare or softphone, they dial en bloc so will not follow the codes as detailed above, they will go straight to the extn :)

"No problem monkey socks

I try several short codes and I set the dial delay count, dial delay time in with diferents values in hardphones works fine but in users with Flare and Softphones not work, for example i try to barred calls from extension 111 to extension 120, the extension 111 is a Flare user. Thanks

You posted as I did, I have mentioned why it wont work above :)

"No problem monkey socks

this is the age old question
Why would you want to barr calls between extensions?

give them an analog phone line (or ISDN BRI)instead of an extension on a system if you don't want them to talk to each other. I think every month this request comes up and I have not found any application where this would make sense.

But I have your solution, take a system that has tenants and there you can make it work. Like the Nortel CS1000 but you pay for each license about as much as you would pay for a single IPO so you be better off to give each user their own IPO.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

Interrupt the silence only if you improve it by saying something, otherwise be quiet and everybody will be grateful.

thanks intrigrant, I forgot to say that I sell them too just in case someone is looking for one or more systems, LOL.

OOPS I forgot most people here sell them.

Should I write the second shortest FAQ for this?

Joe W.

Interrupt the silence only if you improve it by saying something, otherwise be quiet and everybody will be grateful.

I have a easy and simple alternative to the internal call blocking:
Create a user restricton table called "Not Internal Dude" and add a single shortcode:
SC = ?D
TN = .
LineID = 50:MAIN
Action = Dial

Then bind all users not allowed to dial internal ( call them dudes ) to this table.

So, when dialling any number it will be thrown to ARS, this applies to software like Flare, extensions of all sort and TAPI.

I don't think that will work because user dialing is prioritized.

I will try it, give me a few minutes.

Joe W.

there is no dial Extn option in the ARS so you would never be able to dial any extn

Joe W.

No, try it, lift the handset, you are not allowed to dial anything, the ?D takes preference bove anything.

That is true, but there is no exception to being able to dial any other user except if you have a auto dial button on your phone.

This is the solution for it actually to restrict all extension dialing. Have a big fat star for this.

Joe W.

I called it "the dudes rule" as I had to use this once on a high school were the "dudes" always tried to call the girls in another classroom, this did not make me very popular amongst the dudes.... boys and girls were in separates classes there.

Using intrigrant's dude rule, would it be possible to then create some exceptions here in the ARS table and route them out on a specific trunk? Perhaps a PRI card set to qsig that then loops back into another PRI card? Which could then hit a specific extension based on the digits coming into the "receiving" card.

Just spitballing an idea really...what do you guys think?

If you have two BRI ports free then you can set one a CO and one a S0 and connect them together. Then in ARS you can define specific numbers to be routed to the BRI CO with additional using authorisation or account codes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back