Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't Back Up BCM200

Status
Not open for further replies.

BogeyShooter

Programmer
Nov 21, 2006
US
I have a customer who loaded Software Management-160 and then Sys Update patch 19 on his BCM 200 v4.0. He told me that the Sys Patch took more than 45 minutes to load but he ended up turning off and then turning on the BCM. It tool a long time to restart. Everything is working now, however, he can not do a back up. He gets the following error message, "CArchive Error 12007".

I went on site and the only patch that show up as applied is the Software Management 160. The Sys Update-19 did not load.

Has anybody run across this? Any suggestions?

Make sure that you are using the current Element Manager.It sounds like you are using an old version.

SU 19 does take a really long time. U just have to wait. U probably corrupted the HD when u turned it off before it was complete.

I've loaded SU 19 before and it didn't take 45 minutes. And it was the customer who turned it off. Do you think the hard drive needs replaced?

Another point I noticed, there are no other patches loaded. Only 160.

Is there anything sitting in the Scheduled Patch section?

My reason for asking is I had a similar issue a few months back. Ended up with Nortel accewssing the system because of RPM data corruption.

NCSS, NCDS, NCTS

Try restarting system 19. Never pull the plug when doing a system patch. Hopefully you can get it to load and everything will come back operational. If not then I would replace the hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back